[TxMt] Re: Difficulty using TextMate as external editor

Mon Jan 3 15:18:23 UTC 2011

On Dec 31, 2010, at 7:13 AM, Ian Greig wrote:

> However, my problem is that I cannot get commands via terminal to import
> text, or save it back. "mate -h" does bring up a menu of commands, so that
> much is working. Quite likely, this is owing to my lack of experience with
> the command line.

I have no idea what Tinderbox is doing, but I almost always need to use the `--wait` option to the `mate` command when external programs are calling it. In the part of the manual you referenced, it talks about making a link called `mate_wait` to trigger the wait option automatically. You might try that.

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>