[TxMt] Re: Command-Enter quit working

plastichairdoo plastichairdoo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 15:41:36 UTC 2011

check and see if you've installed any new software that might have a conflicting key command.

for example when I went to try out this neat shortcut (that I never knew about - thanks mark!) it didn't work because a Preference Pane I have (Sizzling Keys) intercepts it and uses it instead.

anyway - if you've installed any background type processes (TextExpander, ClipMenu etc) or Preference Panes check them first.

you can look in the Keyboard Pref Pane itself for a list of shortcuts.
good luck - I can imagine your pain since I have this key command mapped in every bundle I use! but I actually use it for 'EOL'  for quick use with closing brackets, parentheses etc. I've mapped Opt-Return to 'EOL+LF' (or whatever its called) just because that's what I'm used to. (just like I have Cmd-Return set to "Preview in Browser" - a leftover from my old Flash dev days!)

good luck,