[TxMt] Git etc commit window font?

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Tue Feb 1 01:05:59 UTC 2011

Hi Allan,

Could you make the font for the commit message customizable? I can't read that small font well on the new higher-resolution screens, plus I'd prefer it to be a monospaced font anyway.

A very simple way to make it configurable (and I patched my copy of TextMate) would be to edit

	TextMate.app/Contents/SharedSupport/Support/bin/CommitWindow.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/MainMenu.nib

Select the text view inside the scroll view for the commit message, bring up the Bindings inspector, and change the FontName property to:

Bind to: Shared User Defaults Controller
Controller key: values
Model Key Path: CommitWindowFontName (or whatever else tickles you)
Null Placeholder: Set to the default font name (Lucida Grande?)

Now folks wanting a different font can simply do

	defaults write com.cjack.tmbundles.commit-window CommitWindowFontName "Menlo"

No code changes :-)

Thanks

Gerd