[TxMt] Re: couple of questions RE TM2

Phil Schumm pschumm at uchicago.edu
Thu Dec 29 02:47:06 UTC 2011

On Dec 28, 2011, at 6:45 PM, Phil Schumm wrote:
> 2) I can't seem to get the Wrap Column indicator line to show up, regardless of what I set Wrap Column to be; also, using the Wrap Column -> Other... menu item doesn't seem to work.

I should have mentioned that if I turn soft-wrap on, then the right margin indicator becomes visible; it's only when soft-wrap is off that it's invisible.  Unfortunately, that's exactly when you need it.

> 3) The font rendering seems a bit odd, or at least not like it is in TM 1.5, Terminal, etc.  In particular, I typically use Monaco 9 pt. with antialiasing turned off.  However, when I set TM2 this way, the letters are smaller than they are in an equivalent TM 1.5 or Terminal window and the interline spacing is much larger; in addition, the letters do not appear to be uniformly spaced.  Can anyone comment on the possible reason(s) for these visual differences given the same font specification?

FWIW, I am also seeing a lot of ghosting -- i.e., I use a light-on-dark theme, and when I delete (white) text a faint image of it is left behind.  I don't know whether that's related to the way in which the window is being constructed, and to the font issue.

-- Phil