[TxMt] Re: TM2 and KeyBindings

Adam Strzelecki ono at java.pl
Tue Dec 27 20:12:35 UTC 2011

> There have been several posts about the Page Up/Down keys not working in TextMate 2, but they have always worked for me. I press Fn-Up/Down on my laptop and the page goes up/down. Am I missing something?

Yeah, but if you try to do Opt+Page Up/Down which is supposed to move page together with caret or Shift+Page Up/Down which is supposed to extend selection by whole page it doesn't work in TM2, while it works perfectly well in TM1, and also in Xcode, TextEdit, etc.

Also some users (including me) has mapped regular (non Opt-ed) Page Up/Downs using DefaultKeybindings.dict to move caret as if Opt was pressed, some others mapped Emacs style keys. While it works perfectly well in TM1 it doesn't work in TM2.

All because selectors these actions are mapped to pageUp: pageDown: pageUpAndModifySelection: pageDownAndModifySelection: selectors (OSX class standard calls) which are defined for TextMate editor but have no effect upon a call (NYI I guess), in contrary to TM1 where these selectors move cared (or caret with selection) by one line.

Altogether these are pretty useful keys when you work with long files and you use keyboard only, that's why this workaround.

Regards,
--
Adam Strzelecki