[TxMt] Re: TM2 - where is the mate command?

Gerd Knops gerti-textmate at bitart.com
Mon Dec 26 16:19:47 UTC 2011

On Dec 25, 2011, at 3:08 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> I would appreciate if you can try to reproduce the issue as I was unable to do so here (it warns me that a link exists in /usr/local/bin and asks for admin password if I select to replace it).

It silently fails to install if the symlink at the destination is dead. Steps to reproduce:

- Deinstall shell support if it is installed
- run

	cd /usr/local/bin
	ln -s /I/Do/NO/EXIST mate

- Try and install shell support. It will silently fail.

This will probably be the scenario for most TM1 users who simply replace TM1 with TM2, as now the old mate symlink points to a non-existing file.

Gerd