[TxMt] Re: [TM2] thanks, emacs keybindings and .tm_properties

Andrew Jaffe a.h.jaffe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 10:24:50 UTC 2011

Hi Allan,

On 25/12/2011 21:12, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 24 Dec 2011, at 12:22, Andrew Jaffe wrote:
>
>> […] using C-s to continue searching after the first use of C-s. Now, it seems that you have to use<tab>  after you first use C-s to bring up the search-in-doc box at the bottom of the window.
>
> In addition to tab/shift-tab you can also use ⌘G/⇧⌘G.
>
> The main reason that ⌃S is not among the keys you can use is that the search box is a standard Cocoa text field and a frustrating amount of custom code is required to grab the ⌃S/⌃⇧S keys (to the best of my knowledge) — so given that ⌘G is already standard, this will have to do for now.

One of the best things about the emacs-style ^S incremental search is
exactly that the "find" and "find next" are the same key combination
(perhaps the way to think of it is "find the current incremental-search
target"). TM1 did this, as does (sorry) BBedit, and I note that Safari
has the same paradigm, albeit usingΩ ⌘F.

I don't know about other TM users, but this is far and away my most
common use of any "find" feature.

So I would like to make a feature request that this be re-instated in
TM2, even if not using ^S.

Thanks!

Andrew