[TxMt] Re: [TM2] thanks, emacs keybindings and .tm_properties

Sun Dec 25 21:12:32 UTC 2011

On 24 Dec 2011, at 12:22, Andrew Jaffe wrote:

> […] using C-s to continue searching after the first use of C-s. Now, it seems that you have to use <tab> after you first use C-s to bring up the search-in-doc box at the bottom of the window.

In addition to tab/shift-tab you can also use ⌘G/⇧⌘G.

The main reason that ⌃S is not among the keys you can use is that the search box is a standard Cocoa text field and a frustrating amount of custom code is required to grab the ⌃S/⌃⇧S keys (to the best of my knowledge) — so given that ⌘G is already standard, this will have to do for now.