[TxMt] [TM2] File Mode changes on Save

Alexander Rudy alex.rudy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 03:51:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

I really like the TM2 alpha. Lots of great stuff, and it has generally been pretty stable for me.

I'm having some weird behavior with saving in textmate 2. Some files I save seem to magically acquire executable permissions (i.e. the file mode gains +x on user, group and other) when I hit save. This is a little annoying (nosetests doesn't pick up files with executable permissions by default) and possibly a security hole. However, it only seems to happen to *some* files and *some* saves. I can't even seem to reproduce it regularly.

Has anyone else seen this behavior or been able to reproduce it in a given context? I'd love to at least be able to track this behavior down and understand when/why it happens.

Thanks,
Alex