[TxMt] Re: Command to deal with .tmproj files

Brandon M Fryslie bmf at email.arizona.edu
Mon Dec 19 22:30:24 UTC 2011

You can call upon the ?mate? shell command available via %x{
> "$TM_SUPPORT_PATH/bin/mate" ?file? }.

Thanks, guess I couldn't see the tree for the forest on that one.

> You can run scripts from other bundles. You need to setup a requirement in
> the plist and then you get the TM_?bundle?_SUPPORT_PATH which you can then
> use to access the script ? I believe exact details are in the help book.

Thanks, I am interested in this as well but my main goal here was to get
output into both the document and the web preview.  If I could run, for
example, build and then preview as html, I was hoping to sneak around the
'one output' idea.  I would love to be able to build some sort of highly
interactive debugger / TextMate management tool written in javascript and
accessed through the web window.  Especially intriguing to me was the idea
that I might be able to simultaneously run a command and without affecting
it's operation provide statistics or debugging information in the web
window.  Once I get more familiar with the UI scripting features I'll see
how far I can take that idea.

---

I have created a simple bundle (just 1 command) that will add some support
for tm_project files to TextMate 2.  Right now, it will open up a folder
from the project if it finds one that exists, and the files that were open
when it saved.  Any information regarding issues installing or using it or
suggestions for improvement are much appreciated.

http://github.com/SSSSSmokey/TM_Project.tmbundle

---

Brandon