[TxMt] [TM2] Proxy settings

alex alex at zero-design.info
Mon Dec 19 14:27:51 UTC 2011

Hi,

I don't know whether I'm missing something or just trying to use
something not yet implemented, but I can't seem to set any http_proxy
settings.  I've tried:

TM_HTTP_PROXY = ****PROXYSERVER***:3128
http_proxy = ****PROXYSERVER***:3128

in my .tm_properties file and as variables in the preferences pane.
But neither seem to work - I can't for example connect to the macromates
download server to check for new releases.

This has the side effect that when I try to enable a theme I get the
message 'Installed Birds of Paradise' but the check box instantly
un-checks it's self and I get the message:

19/12/2011
12:20:15	[0x0-0x13b13b].com.macromates.TextMate.preview[25857]	*** error
downloading
‘http://updates.textmate.org/Bundles/Birds%20of%20Paradise.tbz’:
couldn't connect to host

in the console log.

As a text I checked and unchecked the 'Theme' option in themes and that
then became disabled too.  Obviously it's pretty easy to fix all the
symptoms, but it'd be great to get the core functionality working.

Any hints?

Cheers

Alex

p.s. (yes my .bash_profile has "export http_proxy=....