[TxMt] Tabs in Textmate 2

Rick Christie seven.rchristie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 06:33:16 UTC 2011

Is it just me who hates the new tabs in Textmate 2?

The new tabs are:

   1. Black on dark grey, which makes it hard to read the name of the file.
   2. The click area for the tabs are also much smaller.
   3. It starts from the top of the file browser.

Images are attached for comparison (new tabs.png and old tabs.png). The old
tabs, in comparison:

   1. Black on light grey, much easier to read.
   2. The click are for the tabs are much larger.
   3. Starts at the top of the editor.

Anyway, I photoshopped something up, for your consideration, Allan. It's
the new Textmate with the old tabs (please don't read the bad code).

See attached (textmate-photoshop.png) - I don't know if I should post this
here or elsewhere. If the mailing list does not accept attachments, see the
photoshopped version here: http://rickchristie.com/textmate-photoshop.png

Best,

Rick