[TxMt] Re: [TM2] Git Permission denied (publickey).

Alan Schussman alan at schussman.com
Sun Dec 18 13:37:37 UTC 2011

I'm encountering what may be the same issue trying to use GitHub and push a commit. Using TM1 and the terminal work fine, but TM2 fails and returns "Permission denied (publickey)." to see what's happening in TM2 I dia "ssh -vT git at github.com^R" and compared its output to the same command in TM1. Here's a snippet:

    debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey
    debug1: Offering RSA public key: /Users/alan/.ssh/id_rsa
    debug1: Remote: Forced command: gerve [USERNAME]
    debug1: Remote: Port forwarding disabled.
    debug1: Remote: X11 forwarding disabled.
    debug1: Remote: Agent forwarding disabled.
    debug1: Remote: Pty allocation disabled.
    debug1: Server accepts key: pkalg ssh-rsa blen 277
    debug1: PEM_read_PrivateKey failed
    debug1: read PEM private key done: type <unknown>
    debug1: read_passphrase: can't open /dev/tty: Device not configured
    debug1: No more authentication methods to try.
    Permission denied (publickey).

Since this works in TM1 and terminal, I'm guessing there's something incomplete in my Avian configuration that's preventing it from correctly accessing the private key -- but I don't know what that is.

Thanks
-Alan