[TxMt] Re: A couple of UI suggestions

mwean matthew.wean at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 20:57:22 UTC 2011

Steve Copley wrote:

> Tab Bar - Position
>
> I think the tab bar should be placed only above the right-hand edit pane,
> not above the file browser sidebar. This would mean that the file browser
> would be the full-height of the window.

I agree this makes sense, but I would rather have the extra horizontal space
so that the tabs don't get as squished.

> File Browser and Gutter - Theme
>
> Please allow the file browser and the gutter (containing the line numbers)
> to have an optional dark 'theme' - the white/light grey background is
> quite jarring when you're using a dark theme for the editor

I totally agree with this. It would be great to have full style
customization.

> Indentation Level Markers
>
> It would be great to have some indication of the current indent level (to
> help line things up vertically).
>
> (Sublime Text 2 does this really nicely, with feint, visible lines
> indicating the indent levels, that brighten in the area that the cursor is
> positioned in - thus being both subtle and visibly useful when editing an
> area of text)

I work a lot with indented source like haml, sass and yaml, so this would be
really useful. Most of the time I have to use column-select to line things
up. It would be much better to have a visual indicator built in.