[TxMt] r8949

Sat Dec 17 11:39:10 UTC 2011

Been a hectic week here with all the user feedback and at the same time
our christmas celebrations which served as a nice distraction, but
yesterday I found time to address some of the initial feedback and r8949
is now available as a “beta build” — in retrospect this option is
mislabeled — though go to Preferences → Software Update and switch
to beta builds to see the update. Release notes below.

I haven’t devised a strategy yet as for regular vs beta builds, but I
expect most updates to also be pushed out as regular builds — it’s
more that beta builds could have some overlooked issue that prompts a
quick re-release of a proper build, where the “regular builds”
option should hopefully never see such issues (but still be alpha
software).

- - -

# Release Notes

## 2011-12-16: r8949

* HTML output can open in its own window: `defaults write
com.macromates.TextMate.preview htmlOutputPlacement window`.
* Anti-alias can be disabled: `defaults write
com.macromates.TextMate.preview disableAntiAlias -bool YES`.
* File browser can be placed on the right side: `defaults write
com.macromates.TextMate.preview fileBrowserPlacement right`.
* With multiple carets, ⌘-clicking one of them removes it (i.e. it’s
a toggle).
* Carriage returns (`<CR>`) on the general clipboard are converted to
regular newlines when pasting.
* Rename help book to “TextMate 2” which fixes issues where _Help
→ TextMate Help_ showed TextMate 1.5’s help book.
* TextMate 1.x and 2.0 can run at the same time.
* Setting `TM_HG` and `TM_GIT` in Preferences is no longer eclipsed by
the default properties (which set them to point at `/opt/local/bin`).
* Fix potential crash when deleting bundles on disk (`rm -rf`).