[TxMt] Re: TM2: SCM status does not work

Sat Dec 17 11:06:52 UTC 2011

On 16 Dec 2011, at 12:54, Anthony Underwood wrote:

> When I open a folder which is a git working repo the SCM status icons do not
> show and the go to SCM status folder does not work either by pressing the
> puprple cog folder or the menu item. I’ve fixed a previous git issue where
> TM2 was not finding git by adding TM_GIT = "/usr/local/bin/git" to a
> ~/.tm_properties file. However the SCM status problems still persist.

Due to an unfortunate default setting of TM_GIT in TextMate.app/…/Defaults.tmProperties you MUST set TM_GIT in ~/.tm_properties to override (in r8930) — that the Git bundle works is no indication of TM_GIT having been set properly as Git bundle is more forgiving (and use the new shell command requirement system to find required commands).

If you have verified that TM_GIT is set in ~/.tm_properties then another issue could be that you are using a non-standard file system. One user was reporting missing Git badges and SCM status view on his AES-encrypted folders (using Espionage).

I suggest you a) try a git repository on your startup (HFS+ formatted) drive and b) try a subversion repository as well (since this should work w/o any setup required).