[TxMt] TM2: Soft Tabs and selection

Giordano Scuderi giordano.scuderi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 20:23:01 UTC 2011

Hello all,

we encountered two main issues using TM2 alpha:

- First of all, I'm unable to globally set TM2 to use soft tabs, "Edit -> Mode -> Soft Tabs (Use spaces instead of tabs)" menu is not selectable, I also tried exporting TM_SOFT_TABS = yes as in TM1 but it doesn't work.

- Trying to select text going down out of page to select more than one page text, produce a strange behavior, sometimes it goes at crazy speed (happened with python code), other times I see some video corruption: blue selection band persist after deselection, blue selection band seems interrupted inside selection (happened with C source code).

Moreover, Ctags bundle really need some improvements, for example I can't go backward as in vim, multiple tags selection window is uncomfortable, Help menu command doesn't work, there is no way to specify more than one tags file, and so on...

Another thing, is that there is no way to know who use some function, I can go to the function definition but if I want to know who use that I can't.

Thanks you very much for this alpha, rmate command make me very happy.

Giordano