[TxMt] Re: Projects are gone in TM2?

Jerry lanceboyle at qwest.net
Thu Dec 15 09:30:52 UTC 2011

Lots of new stuff to love!

I'm not tracking the discussion of .tm_properties and what it can do but I too am concerned about the loss of TM projects. I don't work on "apps" in the current trendy sense of the word so there is no inherent organization to my project's code within the file system, as others have suggested. I do numerical calculations with terminal and graphics output, pulling code from various places. My code in the file system is organized by a certain method, but I need to organize by completely different criteria in a TM project. Thus, the TM project concept gives an orthogonal method of organization which does not require re-arranging things in the file system, and each project has its own orthogonality with respect to not only the file system but other projects.

I'm willing to see what transpires, but for me, so far, the TM project is essential for my work.

I suppose it is possible to keep project-like folders in the Finder using aliases, but that takes the file management outside of TM.

Jerry