[TxMt] Re: Symbolic links for Bundles/Themes

Alex Chan awlc2 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 14 16:43:19 UTC 2011

On 14 Dec 2011, at 16:33, Dayton Nolan wrote:

> I use TextMate from several different computers but I maintain only one set of Bundles/Themes that I store in Dropbox and then create a symbolic link to them from the TextMate app. With the TM2 update I've noticed when I try this trick, TextMate crashes on launch.

I have a similar setup (I used aliases instead of symlinks), although I’m having a different set of problems.

1. Any bundles or themes I install through Preferences don’t show up in the relevant menus. e.g. I installed the LaTeX bundle and Solarized themes, and I couldn’t find them in the app.

For a temporary fix, I removed the aliases and just had two (unlinked) copies of the folder, synced using Hazel. This made the two problems above go away, and I haven’t run into any since. Obviously that isn’t a great solution, but it should get it working for you.

> Please let me know if there is any more information you need me to provide to address this issue.

I’d suggest a crash report; but otherwise I can’t think of anything.

— Alex