[TxMt] Re: how to help along with development of 2.0: what should we focus on?

Max Lein realoreocookie at gmx.de
Wed Dec 14 12:59:03 UTC 2011

On 14 Dec 2011, at 10:53, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> This is sort of a tough question because as of such, the things affecting development priorities are show stoppers (like failing input modes) ...
Ok, I'll do that.

> ... and to a lesser degree, what missing functionality people are finding it hard to live without.
May I suggest that you link to some examples or documentation on how to use some of the new features. E. g. I'd like to try how to use the new »file browser«/project replacement, but I have no clue what to write into the .tm_properties file. I don't need full-fledged documentation, but an example file would be nice.

If there are other areas of TextMate that are new and you want us to test, give us a hint how to use them or that they are there.

I think a blog post expanding on my question would help channel feedback and steer attention to the issues you're working on.

In any case, thanks a lot for the hard work. The fact that TextMate2 is *the* topic of Marco Arments' latest podcast (which was released a day after TextMate2 or so) tells you that the community still loves TM very much and is happy to see progress.

Max