[TxMt] Weird behaviour Command-Control-d shortcut on Lion

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 24 17:25:45 UTC 2011

I'm encountering a problem with the use of the Command-Control-d shortcut in TextMate on Lion.

Computer: MacBook Air 11" 1.6Ghz Core i5.
OS: Mac OS X 10.7.1
TextMate: Version 1.5.10 (1631)

On starting up the Air for the first time I migrated everything from an external disk.
I have a personal DefaultKeyBinding.dict

When I use the Command-Control-d shortcut  in an open file in TextMate on Lion the dictionary popover appears. When I press escape the popover does not disappear. The TextMate window does disappear but TextMate remains running. TextMate's cannot be displayed again by clicking on the Dock icon but can be made to reappear from the Window menu.
After bringing back the window the dictionary popover is still there and cannot be dismissed.
If  you're lucky you can still save and quit. If unlucky TextMate quits unexpectedly.

In a clean guest account the shortcut and TextMate behave correctly with no issues whatsoever.

The non disappearing dictionary popover also occurs in TextWrangler and TeXShop 2.43.
All of this behaved correctly in Snow Leopard.

I have tried with clean preferences,with no login items and more. The behaviour persists.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Any suggestions?

best

Berend Hasselman