[TxMt] Re: TextMate cannot find/use git

Paul McCann pmccann at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 23:57:30 UTC 2011

wrburgess wrote:

> I cannot get TextMate to recognize my git installation
>
> 1) Git is installed in the /usr/local/git/bin/git directory
> 2) I've set up the Shell Variable of TM_GIT to "/usr/local/git/bin/git"
> [...]

I think that TM_GIT should be set to the *directory* in which git
lives. So chop off the final "/git" and you should be ready to roll.

Alternatively: I've got a symlink at /usr/local/bin/git which points
to the same location as your git. This also works fine (without any
need for TM_GIT to be specified).

Cheers,
Paul