[TxMt] Slow typing with nordic characters

Juha Ranta juha.ranta at iki.fi
Fri Aug 5 12:48:41 UTC 2011

If I write a long enough single paragraph (or a line) which includes enough
nordic characters (particularly "a" and "o" with umlauts: "ä" and "ö"), the
typing speed while in that paragraph gets very slow. When I switch to a new
line, the typing speed gets back to normal. If I switch back to the
umlaut-paragraph, the typing speed is still very slow.

This problem makes it very hard for me to write text files in Finnish.

Thanks,

Juha