[TxMt] Re: Lion Full Screen

S.V. svsdiscussion at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 18:47:00 UTC 2011

My main use for Textmate is in conjunction with Latex. I have two screens,
one for the code and other for the .pdf render.  I am using Lion and the
Full Screen is a resource that interests me. I tried some "solutions" and I
will describe them here.

Isolator: It is nice, but if you use a two screen environment it is not
satisfactory. If I use the isolator in the screen with code, it will blank
the other screen with the pdf also, so I can't see the pdf in the other
screen. Isolator would be fine if one can use it individually in each
screen.

EGOTextMateFullScreen (Full screen for Lion): As I told in an earlier post,
you cannot center and resize the text mate window. Besides, the other screen
is also affected and the pdf disappears.

Textmate-Fullscreen-Plugin:It is the best until now, because you can resize
the window and it does not affect the other screen. The problem is that the
background is not 'blanked'. It would be perfect if this plugin also turned
the background of the textmate screen into black, just like in Pages.

While I was writing this post I realized that it is possible to adjust
Isolator to affect only the main screen:
defaults write eu.willmore.isolator HideOnMainScreenOnly 1

So with this option in Isolator, I recommend
Isolator + Textmate-Fullscreen-Plugin

This combination allows you to resize the Textmate window, it leaves the
second screen with the pdf unaltered.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11537571/isolatoandfullscreen.png

The only problem is that everytime you get out of the full screen mode, and
you get back to full screen you have to resize the window again.

You can use only Isolator, but this way you will always have the mac menu in
the top of the window.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11537571/onlyisolator.png

Best,
S.V.