[TxMt] Re: TxMate Problems

Tue Aug 2 09:51:44 UTC 2011

On 30 Jul 2011, at 22:23, Marc Chanliau wrote:

> […] the irritating bug regarding keyboard input from a Ruby program is still not fixed […] is there anyway to roll that workaround into the next version of TxMate?

It was a feature that you could read from STDIN in your ruby program and get a dialog to appear, not a bug that reading from STDIN does not give such dialog.

We removed the support for the feature because it turned out to have too many negative effects on programs launched from TextMate (something which some users do a lot). Users aware of the risks are free to re-install the dylib.

The dylib can’t really be “fixed” to not have these effects on applications launched, it worked by intercepting system calls from running applications, if the feature needs to be supported, we need to come up with an entirely new approach, for example implement a pseudo-terminal emulation layout, while on the wishlist, this isn’t trivial.

> Second, the shortcut (Ctrl - Cd - N) to start a new project doesn't seem to
> work, is this a known problem?

It is not know nor can it be confirmed.

Maybe see http://wiki.macromates.com/Troubleshooting/KeyBindings for troubleshooting.