[TxMt] Re: TextMate ghosts

Björn Jadelius b at jadelius.se
Wed Apr 6 05:36:14 UTC 2011

>>> Have you ever been editing along and all is fine until you notice that your file is like 13 times longer than it should be and then you discover that your text has been copied 12 times into the same file and you know you didn't do it and there are no cats in the house?
>>>

>> Yes. May have something to do with this:
>> http://ticket.macromates.com/show?ticket_id=05417AE5
>>
>> /Björn
>
> Hmmm. Maybe. I can't replicate the error on the referenced ticket but I didn't do the step of modifying the bundle.
>
> I had been doing some column-wise editing, however, and I don't do that very often. So it might be related to that. I have seen this behavior before, however. If I can find a repeatable way to make it happen I'll file a ticket.
>
> Jerry

It's essential that the Output of the command is "Replace Document". I couldn't find a command with this setting at the time I sent the bug report. Now I did, so here is a easier way:

Create a new file with content:
ac
ac
ac

Make a column selection between a and c

Type b

Run the command "HTML->Includes->Update Document"  (Command+control+U)

Expected result:
abc
abc
abc