[TxMt] Re: Ruby on Rails bundle -> 'a' key?

Paul McCann pmccann at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 23:04:08 UTC 2010

Hi Ayla,

> ...when I am in Ruby on Rails scope, I cannot type lowercase
> 'a'!  Hence, I cannot type :all, or 'class', or any word that contains a
> lowercase 'a'.

[Well, if no one else is offering...]

I can only suggest that somehow a command has been given a "key
equivalent" of "a", which is somewhat bizarre (but I did have a
similarly painful discovery when the latex2 bundle mapped "$" to
"match previous latex ending bracket", meaning that I couldn't type a
simple "$" sign at certain stages of writing a document. Even more
frustrating, the cursor would jump back to the bracket match, so any
subsequent typing appeared in the wrong place).

Anyway... try seeing if there is a command mapped to "a" by opening a
document, choosing command-control-T, and choosing "key equivalent"
from the magnifying glass. Then just type in "a". If you strike gold
then open the bundle editor and change the key equivalent of that
command.

Worth a shot...

Cheers,
Paul