[TxMt] Launch Current File with Ruby at Terminal

Tom Wardrop tom at tomwardrop.com
Tue Sep 7 23:12:17 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I'm currently just starting to get into TextMate on my Mac, and E-TextEditor
on Windows. One thing I'd like to be able to do is launch the currently
active ruby file in Ruby at the terminal, as opposed the to the default
"RubyMate". I essentially want a command prompt to open and the following
command to be run: /path/to/ruby "/path/to/current/ruby/file". Does anyone
know of a simple command to do this so I can add to my Ruby "bundle". Note,
I want to manually specify the path to my ruby executable in the command. I
don't want to use the Ruby version bundled with TextMate.

Cheers,
Tom