[TxMt] Re: per document settings

Sat Sep 4 15:11:24 UTC 2010

On 4 Sep 2010, at 16:26, John DeSoi wrote:

> I would like to manage a few settings on a per-document basis
> (including unsaved documents). I'm not seeing any way to get a
> unique identifier associated with the document to make this
> possible. The documentation discuses TM_FILEPATH and TM_DIRECTORY
> which might be a start, but those don't seem to be set even when I
> execute the command with a saved document.

There are unset for untitled documents, but certainly they are there
for saved documents (a lot of commands make use of them).

There is presently no variable to uniquely identify an (untitled)
buffer. We are going to introduce one in the future though.

> I looked into Applescript [...]

With TextMate that is pretty much never the answer.