[TxMt] plugin/ackmate patch to open files in symlinked dirs

Stephen Bannasch stephen.bannasch at deanbrook.org
Fri Sep 3 02:31:05 UTC 2010

I've patched the ackmate plugin for textmate to fix the problem described in this issue:

   Searching inside symlinked folders opens a new window
   http://github.com/protocool/AckMate/issues#issue/5

Trevor Squires had been opening a a file like this from the plugin:

   [[[NSApplication sharedApplication] delegate] openFiles:[NSArray arrayWithObject:absolute]];

Evidently after passing through Cocoa the original path to the file, which includes a dir symlink, is converted to the
equivalent path without the symlink before textmate proper gets the event. Texmate then opens the file in a new window because
it isn't in the project path anymore.

Here's the change I made:
   http://github.com/stepheneb/AckMate/commit/1bc7e4ca698b51b2a0d523ecea277bfb808ab0b9

Which was to call Texmate going through the shell with an NSTask.

I'm wondering if there is a better way -- Trevor thought my hack was a bit ugly ;-)