[TxMt] Re: Git Bundle plist errors

Martin html-kurs at gmx.de
Thu Oct 28 19:12:53 UTC 2010

Hi,

Am 06.05.10 21:05, schrieb Allan Odgaard:
> On 13 Apr 2010, at 06:30, Josh Cheek wrote:
>
>> […] I suspect my problem is with my ruby version, I'm on OSX 10.5.6,
>> and using rvm to manage my ruby version […]
>> PS - Full text of the error:
>> /Users/joshuacheek/Library/Application
>> Support/TextMate/Support/lib/ui.rb:237:in `to_plist': An object in the
>> argument tree could not be converted (ArgumentError) […]
>
> Indeed this is a ruby problem.
>
> Any chance you can use the stock ruby included with Mac OS X?
>
> Your problem is that the version of ruby you use use different ids for
> the object types (Hash, Array, etc.) which makes the plist extension
> fail (as it has no idea what the object types are, as it was compiled
> with other values for the identifiers).

I'm having a similar problem with the ruby on rails bundle when
generating partials (shift-ctrl-h) and using ruby 1.9.x.
I set TM_RUBY with rvm to several versions. ruby 1.8.7 runs fine, every
1.9.x not.

I don't want to set TM_RUBY to 1.8.7 because then every script I run
with cmd-r uses also 1.8.7.

Isn't there a other solution?

TIA,
Martin