[TxMt] Help getting Started...

Matthew Murphy Matthew.Murphy at condenast.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 20:36:31 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Apologies if this isn't the right place to post this questions!

I have recently installed textmate on the advice of 'Ruby on Rails Tutorial Learn Rails by Example' : http://railstutorial.org/chapters/beginning#top

I am up to the part where you open a file for the first time using Textmate with: mate Gemfile

This works and opens up the relevant file but all of the code is black - there is no differentiation between comments, variables etc it is just a page of plain text.

I have tried changing the themes but that simply changes the background colour vs the text colour but doesn't help distinguish between the different code elements.

In the tutorial everything is highlighted as per a proper code editor but I just cannot find how to do this - please help!!

I am sure it is something incredibly simple that I am not doing but I've watched some tutorials and searched through the help and on Google but still no luck.

Any help will be very much appreciated!!

Thanks

Matt

The information contained in this e-mail is of a confidential nature and is intended only for the addressee.  If you are not the intended addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether inadvertent or otherwise, is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality.  Internet communications are not secure and therefore Conde Nast does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.  Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author.

The Conde Nast Publications Ltd (No. 226900), Vogue House, Hanover Square, London W1S 1JU