[TxMt] Re: small feature request: keyboard shortcut for "Don't Save"

Peter Cowan cowan.pd at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 04:31:57 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 8:19 PM, Stephen Bannasch
<stephen.bannasch at deanbrook.org> wrote:
> I often end up with a large number of untitled files that I sequence through
> when I am done working. Some I save but many I just review and close. It
> would be great to have a keyboard shortcut for the "Don't Save" option in
> dialogs like this:
>
>   Do you want to save the changes you made in
>   the document "untitled 25"?"
>
>    "Don't Save"      "Cance;"        "Save"
>
> Very occasionally I have also lost access to the mouse while having many
> windows open. These windows consist of some that need to be saved and some
> that should just be discarded. When I do not have access to the mouse I have
> to save EVERY window in order to complete an orderly Quit of Textmate. A
> keyboard shortcut for "Don't Save" would be particularly useful here.

Textmate follows the OS X standard, you have two options,

First command-d will select Don't Save, this works in most OS X apps.

The other option may require that you have keyboard navigation turned
on (in they system preferences), in this case dialog buttons
surrounded by a blue ring are selected when you hit space, for my
installation TM defaults to having 'Don't Save' as the secondary
default (there's probably a better name).

HTH

Peter