[TxMt] %!TEX TS-program

Louis Theran theran at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 18:59:06 UTC 2010

If you have a file that starts like

      %!TEX TS-program = /usr/bin/env TEXINPUTS=./Macros:./Figures::
 pdflatex

You get an error when you compile.  The offending line in texMate.py is

      stat = os.system('type '+engine+' > /dev/null')

which doesn't seem particularly useful anyway, but could easily be fixed
(and I have in my copy!) by doing something like:

      stat = os.system('type '+ engine.split()[0] +' > /dev/null')

A more meta question is whether this hack is a good idea, since it defeats
the kpsewhich checks in files included in ./Macros.  I use it mostly because
the other place to put all this would be in a TM project, making it hard to
collaborate with TeXShop users.  Does anybody have a better idea?

^L

--
Louis Theran
Research Assistant Professor