[TxMt] 'mate' command from within 'screen'

Justin Catterall 100621.1 at masonsmusic.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 16:49:31 UTC 2010

This is nothing to do with the recent update.

I use Gnu screen a fair bit to avoid having terminals open all over my
screen. I have found that from within a screen session, if I type
``mate some_file.txt'' TextMate gets launched (if not already running)
or brought to focus with a new window, but the file is not opened and
the command failes with ``mate: failed to establish a connection with
TextMate.''

The initial call to TM is working because TM activated. Any ideas how
to make the next step work?

--
Justin C, by the sea.