[TxMt] Revert to older version, or bring back some features?

Michael Lawlor mike at auka.ca
Tue Nov 16 09:21:49 UTC 2010

hi there,

textmate recently asked me to upgrade and i jumped at the chance
because i love this editor. however since the upgrade, a few of the
features that i rely on are no longer there/working as expected. these
are not major things, but not having them has slowed me down and i'm
wondering if there's a way to get them back or to revert to a previous
version where they were still working.

my two biggest gripes are:

1. In the Ruby On Rails bundle: Migrations > Quick Migration used to
generate a new migration file with the timestamp at the start of the
filename. Now it seems to have reverted to the old way of doing it
with sequential version numbers. I'd really like to get the timestamps
back!

eg. "20101110061120_create_a_table.rb" instead of
"001_create_a_table.rb"

2. I used to navigate very quickly between open tabs using the key
combinations Apple+Option+Left Arrow and Apple+Option+Right Arrow. Now
that's been replaced by Apple+Shift+[ and Apple+Shift+].

any help on how i can get these features working as they were before
would be appreciated.