[TxMt] Make textmate aware of rvmrc?

Josh Cheek josh.cheek at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 08:30:43 UTC 2010

Hi I have quickly become quite heavily dependent on RVM's .rvmrc file (
http://rvm.beginrescueend.com/workflow/rvmrc/), which swaps out versions of
Rubies and gems when you are in the containing dir or one of its subdirs.

However, TextMate gets its Ruby version from my ~/.profile where I have: rvm
wrapper ruby-1.9.2-p0 textmate
And then a TextMate shell variable:
TM_RUBY=/Users/josh/.rvm/bin/textmate_ruby

This means that I have to manually change the wrapper for TextMate to be
correct in my current project, and then I have to be very careful not to
open another terminal tab, which feels like a pretty fragile workflow.

Is there a way to have Ruby's command+r and command+shift+e aware of which
Ruby they should be using?