[TxMt] Re: My VIM experience

Watts Martin layotl at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 20:17:04 UTC 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Martin Hess <martinhess at me.com> wrote:

^p, and ^n are nice for navigating lists, but it ^ isn't a comfortable way
> to navigate on a frequent basis. It would be nice to have a keyboard
> navigation mode in TM that didn't require a meta key.

I sincerely think you are better off finding ways to emulate the features of
TextMate you like in MacVim than you are waiting for the ability to emulate
the features of MacVim you like to appear in TextMate. Modal operation would
almost certainly have to be a post-2.0 feature, and... well.

For my own Vim use, I use the Project plugin (which I'm not entirely happy
with, but I don't like the other alternatives any better), PeepCode's
"PeepOpen" to emulate TM's quick file switching, FuzzyFinder to bring
comparable switching between buffers, SnipMate for snippets explicitly
modeled after TM, and TagList for the equivalent of a function navigation
popup.