[TxMt] Re: TM2

Yan Zhou zhouyan1014 at gmail.com
Sun May 30 16:42:02 UTC 2010

If he have some progress to share with us, I'd like to hear. If he's  merely going to talk about why it is not finished, I don't understand why he ever bother to talk about that.

Those who are still here don't need any explanation. Be serious, there are many excellent software with releasing cycle more than three years. And this is certainly true for a text editor. Think about Vim, last major upgrade, 7.0, was released four years ago. And I think many of us truly  understand why Allan cannot release anything now and don't need his explanation.

For those who "lost hope", whatever you explain to them, they will still be angry and post offensive things.

I confess that I am among those who desperately want TM2. But still, I don't see any point to talk about why it's not finished yet. I think he can just work silently and tell us something excited when he is ready. If there is anything make me lost hope, it's not the truth that TM2 may not come out eventually, but TM1.5 may be dead someday. It has some compatibility  problem with snow leopard. Though most of them have a work around or been fixed. But what about next Mac OS X? But if I remember correctly, Allan had talked about his failure to maintain updates of 1.5 before.