[TxMt] Re: Pasteboard Format for pasting columns

Sun May 30 11:13:33 UTC 2010

On 29 May 2010, at 23:16, Joshua Shapiro wrote:

> [...] Is there a way I can format this string data so that textmate
> recognizes it is a columnar selection?

You need to store a property list as the OakTextMatePboardType with a
‘content’ key (actual string) and ‘rectangular’ set to the string
value YES.

E.g.:

     id plist = [NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjectsAndKeys:
        @"foo\nbar\n",  @"content",
        @"YES",         @"rectangular",
        nil
     ];

     NSPasteboard* pboard = [NSPasteboard generalPasteboard];
     [pboard declareTypes:[NSArray
arrayWithObject:@"OakTextMatePboardType"] owner:nil];
     [pboard setPropertyList:plist forType:@"OakTextMatePboardType"];

In practice you also want to provide an NSStringPboardType alternative.

Note that this is not a documented pasteboard type so no guarantees
about future compatibility with this format etc.