[TxMt] LaTeX and GetBundles problems

Tim Lahey tim.lahey at gmail.com
Fri May 28 04:32:48 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've noticed a number of problems with the LaTeX bundle
(and the new one) along with GetBundles.

First, with the LaTeX bundle, if I try to select the preferences
selection, I'll get a tooltip pop up complaining about line 8
in configure.py warning that os.popen4 is deprecated. The
preferences aren't opened. Next, if I choose File Preferences
- Set Engine, I'll get my file replaced with,

sh: : command not found
/Users/tjlahey/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine
Copy/Support/lib/ui.rb:356:in `load': Cannot parse a NULL or
zero-length data (OSX::PropertyListError)
	from /Users/tjlahey/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine
Copy/Support/lib/ui.rb:356:in `request_string_core'
	from /Users/tjlahey/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Pristine
Copy/Support/lib/ui.rb:193:in `request_string'
	from /tmp/temp_textmate.6pytw1:6

Trying to configure things opens the plist in TextMate not
the plist editor (which if I double click it in Finder opens in
the correct editor).

With GetBundles, trying to open it pops up a tooltip complaining
about line 3 and line 6 of a temp file.

With the new LaTeX bundle (LaTeX 2), just typing a \ brings up an
error of sh: : command not found. Needless to say, this makes the bundle
useless for me.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim Lahey

---
Tim Lahey
PhD Candidate, Systems Design Engineering
University of Waterloo
http://www.linkedin.com/in/timlahey