[TxMt] LaTeX bundle: support for import package

enas textmate at alxp.gr
Wed May 19 07:49:21 UTC 2010

Hi list,

I'm currently in the process of rearranging and cleaning my thesis files. My chapter files are arranged in subdirectories, and I've decided to change the \include{path/file} occurrences in my main latex file to \includefrom{path/}{file}, so that I don't have to give the absolute path for every single included file or figure in "file.tex" (for example, changing the name of "path" would involve a tedious search and replace procedure in "file.tex"). This command is provided by the import package (along with the \import command, which is the \input counterpart).

For example, if I have a file "path/figure.pdf" that I want to include in "file.tex", I would normally have to do \includgraphics{path/figure.pdf}, even though "file.tex" is itself in the "path/" directory. That's not neat, and quite unpractical indeed. Including "file.tex" using \includefrom{path/}{file} instead allows to circumvent this issue, and allows to use \includgraphics{figure.pdf}, where figure.pdf is resolved in "path/". Anyway, this is an preliminary for those who wouldn't know what the import package is for.

So, my question is, would it be simple to make the LaTeX bundle cooperate with \includefrom and \import too just as it does with \include and \input? For example, I find it very frustrating not to be able to use "Open included item" command, but I didn't find any simple way to extend the functionality of the bundle in that direction.

Thanks,

enas