[TxMt] Re: LaTeX2 bundle and Biber?

Charles Turner vze26m98 at optonline.net
Wed May 12 11:45:30 UTC 2010

On May 12, 2010, at 12:53 AM, Gildas Hamel wrote:

> I hope others can help to point us in the right direction.

Hi Gildas-

I looked at the Latex2 bundle this morning. It looks like Alex Ross is
moving the "Typeset & View" command away from the script "texMate.py"
toward using "executor.rb."

The "Run BibTeX" command still uses texMate.py, and I have no idea
whether it will be changed or not.

The cheapest hack is to open texMate.py (in Latex.tmbundle/Support/
bin) and make the following change(s):

line 97: change the string "bibtex" in in popen() argument to "biber"

and optionally:

line 662: change the string "Run BibTeX" to "Run Biber"

which just changes the button name in the "Run BibTeX" window.

If you do this, you'll have to reverse the process to run BibTeX,
which might not be what you want.

Obviously, you could make a "run_biber" function like the current
"run_bibtex" at line 83, give texMate.py an argument to process around
line 569, and then create a new command in the Bundle Editor, but I'll
leave that to you...

If Mr. Ross had a moment perhaps he could comment on his plans for the
evolution of the Latex2 bundle with regard to BibTeX/Biber?

Also Gildas, if you have an interest in my LaTeX setup, please contact
me off-line. I'd be happy to share whatever I can about getting your
setup to work the way you want.

Best wishes, Charles