[TxMt] Re: Why relative paths and not absolute in project files?

Tue Mar 30 13:37:06 UTC 2010

On Mar 29, 2010, at 8:13 PM, BarryW wrote:

> So I guess I am wondering why this is the behavior, and why Textmate
> can't use an absolute path which would make management of the Project
> files a lot easier.

If it used absolute paths and someone tried to move both the project and the directory together, they would see that all the files went red and wonder why it didn’t just use relative paths. :)

Sometimes developers just have to pick one way, knowing that it could potentially cause problems for people doing it the other way. I guess Alan went with the people that keep project files together with their directories.

I believe this will all be different in TM2, but since there are no official features announced, I can’t say for sure.

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>