[TxMt] Re: ANN: AckMate - a plugin to replace the ack-in-project bundle

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 17:27:21 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Trevor Squires <trevor at protocool.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> just wanted to let people know I've released AckMate - a plugin for
> searching your project files with 'ack'.
>
> It offers significant improvements over my previous ack-in-project
> bundle, such as per-project windows and settings, filetype selection,
> and a much less annoying UI.
>
> It's currently only compatible with OS X 10.5 and above (and only
> heavily tested on 10.6).
>
> Source and binaries are included in the github project at
> http://github.com/protocool/AckMate and the project wiki contains
> instructions on how to use it.
>
> Regards, Trev
>
> --
> --
> Trevor Squires
> http://propaneapp.com

Hmmmmm,

I've been using Ack in project for quite a while.

I installed ackmate, and the first problem I ran into was it was
complaining about not having the rb-appscript gem installed.

So I installed that, and now ctrl-option-cmd-f and I get a "Grep in
project" window with just a text box and nothing else.

That doesn't seem to be what the usage page describes.

The Ackmate bundle doesn't show up in Textmates list of bundles, but
when I unzipped the zip file and double clicked it again, It said it
was already installed.

The other interesting thing is if I use ctrl-cmd-t to bring up the
bundle item selection window, and then hit ctrl-option-cmd-f the
ackmate dialog box comes up underneath the bundle item window.

Hmmmmmm again.

If I switch the bundle item window to find by key equivalent, I find
that the ctrl-option-cmd-f key is claimed by the RubyAmp bundle which
is where the grep in project window is coming from.

If I open the bundle editor, and filter Ack in project out of the list
then ctrl-option-cmd-f does bring up the Ackmate window, but Ackmate
is still not shown in my bundle list.

Very strange.
--
Rick DeNatale