[TxMt] Re: latex bundle - where are fonts stored?

chris my2ndaddress at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 16:47:29 UTC 2010

Lucy;

 I'm afraid you've run into the border area where the usual OS X ease
of use has been deceptively covering up unix stuff, this leads to
grinding of teeth from linux/unix experts who are used to working in
the command line/ Terminal.

"sudo" prefixing a command gives the command administrator or "root"
privilege i.e. the command will have access to all areas of your
system - you are right to be cautious.

 texhash:

"If a new class or style file has been added (but not if these files
have been modified), the users have to update their 'file name data
base' (FNDB) before they can use these classes and styles. For
instance, teTeX users have to execute texhash;"

from: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Collaborative_Writing_of_LaTeX_Documents

As for finding Latex - I can assure you that TextMate does no more
Latex processing than just syntax highlighting. Producing pdfs etc is
handled by the particular distribution of latex you have installed.

Try:

 which latex

or

which pdflatex

On my system they point show the programs are in /usr/texbin and much
of the rest of the "stuff" is in /usr/local/texlive/

-chris