[TxMt] Posting Images with Blogging Bundle

Mike Lim Mike.Lim.Tango at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 15:31:54 UTC 2010

I'm new to TextMate, trying it out as a desktop blogging editor using the
blogging bundle. I like its speed, compared to the online editor of my
wordpress.com blog. If the trial version works out I'll buy it properly.

But there's a small problem. I've been trying to upload images, and find
that when I drag an image to the editing window, it only gives me a link to
the local location of the file and does not upload it automatically. This is
a problem I've seen mentioned elsewhere on the Textmate blog but haven't
found an answer to. What is happening, though, is that once I post my
writing to my blog and then fetch it back for editing, only after doing that
is it possible for me to drag-and-upload an image in the way that is
indicated by the screencast and help file.

Is this normal behaviour? Should I be able to upload an image straightaway
into the post before posting it? If so, how can I fix the problem I'm
having? I'm on OS 10.5.8, using version 1.5.9 of Textmate. Thank you for any
ideas or suggestions.

Mike