[TxMt] Re: TextMate with C++ builds, and linking console output to project files

Matt Torok magicmat at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 22:37:51 UTC 2010

Thanks, the make bundle looks like it's exactly what I want. I may go in
there and make it really pretty using some HTML wrappers, like Xcode's build
results, if TM will let me.

And, yeah, the Makefile bundle definitely didn't come by default with my
copy of TM.

At the risk of being greedy, does TM only autocomplete symbols it sees in
the file, or can I get better autocomplete? Especially looking outside the
project for headers and/or having the STL functions built-in to
autocomplete. Even better, autocomplete with function signatures!

Thanks for your help so far, I almost went over to Xcode but now I'm firmly
back on board with TM. Though I still use Xcode to debug because GUI
debuggers seem so much easier than Terminal ones (I know Xcode is just
wrapping GDB, but still . . .  ).

> On Mar 4, 2010, at 7:14 AM, Kevin Reid wrote:
>
> > On Mar 3, 2010, at 21:17, Alex Ross wrote:
> >
> >> The Make bundle is included with TextMate by default.  You can trigger
> the build command with ⌘B.  To build a specific target, press ⌘⇪B.
> >
> > It is? I don't have a Make bundle, and I'm running TextMate r1510. When I
> press ⌘B I get an Xcode build action (which usually errors out as there not
> being any Xcode project file).
>
> No, I don’t think it is. I just “enabled” it last week and I had to go get
> it from GitHub.
>
> --
> Rob McBroom
> <http://www.skurfer.com/>