[TxMt] Re: How can I find where a snippet/macro/command is defined?

Dru Kepple dru at summitprojects.com
Wed Mar 3 21:00:44 UTC 2010

From: Morgan Packard
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 12:40 PM
To: textmate at lists.macromates.com
Subject: [TxMt] How can I find where a snippet/macro/command is defined?

Hello,
Currently, apple-left takes me to the end of the line. I'd like to change it so apple-comma takes me there. That way I don't have to search for the arrow keys. How can I find where this is defined? Generally, when I want to change a key command, how can I track it down without searching manually through every bundle?
thanks,
-Morgan

Command-Left isn't defined by a bundle, it's part of the app itself.  You can create a macro, though, that does the same thing, and assign a shortcut for that.  So, command-Left would still exist, but you can supplement it with Command-Comma.

Do this:
Choose Bundles > Macros > Start Recording
Press Command-Left
Choose Bundles > Macros > Stop Recording
Choose Bundles > Macros > Save Recording...
In the Bundle Editor, type Command-Comma in the "Activation: Key Equivalent" area.
Close the Bundle Editor, and you should have your shortcut.

It's probably possible to write a plugin to change the Command-Left to something else, but that's beyond me.  Hans seems to enjoy those challenges, though...

+dru