[TxMt] Re: Trying to change my subscription...

Steve King sking at arbor.net
Tue Jun 29 14:03:39 UTC 2010

On 2010-06-29 09:07, StuFF mc wrote:
> I have a hard time... Why is this mailing list still on its own server
> instead of the much more easier google groups?

Because we're a bunch of old farts who were comfortable using mailing
lists before Larry Page and Sergey Brin were out of high school? That's
my excuse, anyway.

Seriously, I've never been a big fan of Google Groups. I've always
thought it was the bastard love-child of mailing lists and Usenet news,
and not doing a great job at either of them. It's only "more easier" if
that's what you're already used to.

Mind you, I have nothing to do with the TextMate list except as a happy
subscriber. Calcified and set in my ways, but happy.

--
Steve King
Sr. Software Engineer